The role of the school social worker is to work with and link students, families and/or the community together to achieve positive relationships and access desired services.
Which Student Might Benefit from School Social Worker?
School social workers work with students who are experiencing social, emotional, physical or environmental difficulties which interfere with their school adjustment and achievement, such as:
- Failure to complete school work
- Behavioral problems
- Inappropriate aggressiveness or impulsiveness
- Frequent physical complaints
- Poor peer or adult relationships
- Difficulty adjusting to classroom structure
- Severe mood swings
- Drug and/or alcohol use
- School social workers can help students to better understand themselves, improve their relationships with others, cope with stress and develop healthy decision-making skills.
School Social Workers Can Help Parents
- Become an active role in their child's education.
- Better understand and meet the social and emotional needs of their child.
- Understand and access programs available to students with special needs.
- Find and use school and community resources.
How to Contact Your Social Worker
Indian Creek Elementary
Red Bridge Elementary
Center Middle School
Center Alternative School
Center High School