- Senior Guide
- Second Chance for Senior Pictures
- Jostens Information
- Project Graduation
- Scholarship Information
- ASVAB Testing Info and Graduation Requirements
- End of Senior Year Schedule
- Cap & Gown Pictures
Do you want a chance to get a second senior picture taken in your favorite outfit, or did you miss Cap & Gown picture day last week? You have another chance!
We will have times available Thursday, February 25 th from 3-6pm and Friday, February 26th from 10am – 2 pm to have your picture taken. Please use the link below to sign up for an appointment
Please review the following guidelines for this event.
- Student should arrive at the school and go to the back door of the Gold Gym at the corner of the building by the soccer fields at the time of their appointment.
- Masks must be worn at all times except while having your picture taken.
- Students will have their temperature taken. If a student has a temperature outside the acceptable range the Nurse will advise they will not be admitted.
- Student will proceed to the dressing area to prepare for picture then proceed to the photo booth.
- If a student has borrowed one of the school cap & gowns, they will return the cap and gown to the Nurse for treatment, and the student will leave the building.
- All students will exit the building directly after having their picture taken.
- We understand that Seniors have not seen each other all year and might want to stay in the gym to socialize, but we cannot allow that. All students must remain physically distant and exit the building as soon as their picture has been taken.
Jostens Contact Info:
Hours: 9am - 4:45pm
9584 Marion Ridge Drive
Kansas City, MO 64137
Jostens Senior Order Deliveries
Delivery of senior announcements will be April 2, 2021 from 11:00am - 12:30pm and April 9, 2021 8:20–9:30am.
Senior Check out and Cap and Gown Delivery is May 14, 2021. This event will be held in the afternoon in conjunction with the Project Grad Tailgating party. (Details will be announced later)
Jostens is allowed to offer their services within the school as a service to our students. It is not mandatory that you purchase announcements from them. Their contact is: Jostens 816-523-4900
Senior Class Meeting from 10/21/20 (Link)
Jostens had a virtual class meeting with Seniors during Yellowjacket Success Time on October 21st. They presented information about purchasing cap & gown, graduation announcements, and most importantly, senior hoodies and sweats.
To order online:
To place your order online, please use this link: https://union.thegraduationcenter.com/home?school_id=9
If you order online, hoodies and other products will be shipped to you, or you can pick them up from the Josten’s office.
If you have any questions concerning graduation orders, please contact Stephanie Parrish with Jostens directly. She can be reached at Stephanie.Parrish@jostens.com
The next Project Grad Committee Meeting is scheduled for February 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm via Zoom.
Topic: Project Grad Class of 2021
Time: Feb 11, 2021 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 858 4039 2363
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcHu1Nww8
Dear Senior Parents,
2020 isn’t shaping up like we hoped in 2019, but we do what we must to get by. While graduation is still months away, and no one knows what things will look like in May 2021, we’re going to prepare for the best and start planning Project Grad for the Class of 2021.
Billee Potts will be heading up the Project Grad 2021 committee this year and needs your help. If you have a senior who will graduate this year, please contact Ms. Potts to see how you can help her with Project Grad. It may not look the same as it traditionally did, but the Committee is committed to providing some sort of celebration for our seniors this year.
Please contact Billee Potts at (816)679-2237 or Msbillee@gmail.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon,
Seniors, if you need to send transcripts to colleges please login to your Parchment.com account and send your transcript for Free. (After July 15th Parchment transcript requests will cost you $5 each, don’t delay do it today.)
It is important when you register with Parchment.com, that you use your personal e-mail address and NOT your school e-mail address because you won't have access to your school e-mail after you graduate.
If you have questions see the Registrar, Mrs. Thurn.
Required Testing for Graduation
ALL Seniors must take the ACT, SAT, ASVAB or COMPASS test to be eligible for graduation. All Seniors MUST take the ASVAB test this year. You will find a link below to sign up for a testing time.
In addition, 2021 Graduates must also have successfully completed the following End of Course Exams:
- Algebra I & II
- English 10
- The Missouri Constitution
- The US Constitution Test
Be sure to double check with your Guidance Counselor to make sure all these requirements will be met in time for you to graduate in May. DO NOT WAIT until the last minute to take one of these tests.
Information on Graduation Requirements and ASVAB Testing:
Tentative End of Year Senior Calendar
The following events/dates are tentative and may change date/ format or be cancelled as situations and government mandates change. We are hoping for the best, but preparing for less optimal eventualities. Please check the CSD and CHS websites for change notices as the school year progresses.
Feb 4, 2021 Senior Cap & Gown pictures by appointment at CHS
April 13, 2021 Academic Banquet
The banquet and ceremony will not be held due to COVID restrictions. CHS will produce a brochure with senior bio focus and yard signs will be placed at the homes of all cohorts.
May 1, 2021 Prom – Not expected to happen
May 3-14, 2021 AP Testing as directed by College Board
May 4, 2021 Honors & Awards Ceremony
This event will be moved to May 19, 2021 during the senior breakfast before graduation rehearsal.
May 14, 2021 Jostens cap & gown pickup will be right before the Project Grad event.
Project Grad Tailgating celebration 5-7 pm.
Project Grad is sponsoring a tailgating event in the parking lot of CHS for Seniors only. (no family or friends).
May 18, 2021 Senior Checkout This event is tentatively scheduled to run from 8am – 3pm.
Seniors will return their laptops and any other district materials they have and pay any outstanding fees or lunch balances if they have not already done so.
Seniors who do not have their fees paid in full will not be issued tickets to graduation and will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
May 19, 2021 Senior Breakfast / Honors & Awards Ceremony and Graduation Rehearsal
(Details will be announced closer to the date.)
The Honors & Awards Ceremony normally held in the evening the first week of May will be held during the Senior breakfast. This event will be live-streamed.
Seniors will be presented with departmental awards and scholarships as well as Academic letters and pins.
Following the senior breakfast / award ceremony, seniors will be transported to the Graduation site for graduation rehearsal.
Following graduation rehearsal, Graduation tickets wil be distributed. All fees must be paid and the senior MUST attend the graduation rehearsal to receive their tickets.
Each student will be given 4 tickets, but there are opportunities to them to earn up to 2 more tickets. Details to be announced later.
May 20, 2021 Graduation Ceremony 7pm (Graduates must report at 5:45pm)
The graduation ceremony is tentatively scheduled to be held at the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection (our traditional site)
Students must attend the graduation rehearsal to attend the ceremony.
The number of tickets distributed will be reduced to accommodate COVID restrictions.
Diplomas will be distributed on site immediately after the graduation ceremony.
There are no other events scheduled after the ceremony.
This certainly hasn’t been the Senior Year you’ve been looking forward to for the last 4 years, but there is one small light coming up on February 4th: Senior Portraits / Cap & Gown Pictures!
That’s right, we’re still having Senior Portraits on Thursday, February 4th from 3 – 7 pm by appointment only.
Please use this link to sign up for an appointment time: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/CenterHighSchool@center.k12.mo.us/bookings/s/Ml-eHAg0DEKhG1Lty5ZUEg2
You can pre-order your pictures through the LifeTouch Website at MyLifeTouch.com using picture day ID: EVT877W3M
You have three options to choose from:
1. The school will provide a cap and gown for you to use for your picture. Caps and gowns will be sanitized between each use with an approved COVID disinfectant.
2. If you have an older sibling or friend who will let you borrow a cap and gown, you may wear your own for the picture.
3. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing the schools cap and gown, or just want a formal senior portrait, you are welcome to forgo the cap and gown and just have a formal picture taken in your favorite outfit.
Again, no one is required to attend this event, wear, or borrow a cap & gown, or participate in any activity that makes you uncomfortable, CHS is simply making an official portrait opportunity available to you.
How it will work:
· Seniors must sign up for an appointment through the Bookings link above.
· Seniors should arrive at the school and go to the back door of the Gold Gym at the corner of the building by the soccer fields at the time of their appointment.
· Masks must be worn at all times except while having your picture taken.
· Students will have their temperature taken. If a student has a temperature outside the acceptable range the Nurse will advise they not be admitted. And students who do not have all their vaccinations complete will not be allowed in the building.
· Student will proceed to the dressing area to prepare for picture then proceed to the photo booth.
· If a student has borrowed one of the school cap & gowns, after they have their picture taken they will return the cap and gown to the Nurse for treatment, and the student will leave the building. All other students will exit the building directly after having their picture taken.
· We understand that Seniors have not seen each other all year and might want to stay in the gym to socialize, but we cannot allow that. All students must remain physically distant and exit the building as soon as their picture has been taken.