About Center School District
Center School District is nestled in the heart of south Kansas City. As a small public school district, Center enjoys the benefits of city amenities and suburban neighborhoods. The neighborhoods of south Kansas City are consistently voted one of the top places to live in greater Kansas City and Center School District is proud to offer top performing schools in the area. With an Annual Performance Report (APR) in the top 25% of all schools in the state of Missouri, Center ranks among the top school districts in the state and the region. We have been described as a “boutique” school district with the advantage of high performance and a diverse student population in a small setting.
The Center School District strives for excellence in our schools where all students are expected to learn and grow.
All students will demonstrate high achievement, character, and teamwork in a diverse community.
At Center Schools, we value . . .
- Student population: 2,700 students
- Graduation rate: over 90%
- 20:1 student to teacher ratio
- 70% African American
- 25% white
- 5% other
- 87.5 % qualify for free and reduced-price meals
- Average more than 12 years experience
- 65% have master’s degrees or other advanced degrees (state average is 58%)
- Annual budget of $38 million
- Per pupil expenditure: $13,300
- Daily student attendance: more than 94%
- Fully Accredited: Annual Performance Report (APR): more than 80%
Center School District Schools
- Early Childhood Center 8817 Wornall Kansas City, MO 64114
- Boone Elementary 8817 Wornall Kansas City, MO 64114
- Center Elementary 8401 Euclid Kansas City, MO 64132
- Indian Creek Elementary 9801 Grand Kansas City, MO 64114
- Red Bridge Elementary 10781 Oak Kansas City, MO 64114
- Center Middle School 326 E. 103rd Kansas City, MO 64114
- Center High School 8715 Holmes Kansas City, MO 64131
- Center Alternative School 8434 Paseo Kansas City, MO 64131
- Center High School Named US News and World Report Bronze Medal Winner in 2018
- National Merit Finalists and Semi-Finalists
- More than $2 million in scholarships offered to graduating seniors (approximately 200 graduates)
- Blue Valley CAPS (Center for Advanced Professional Studies) network partner
- Missouri Innovations Campus partner
- Dual-Credit options through UMKC and Rockhurst University
- Advanced Placement courses
- Gifted education (elementary – high school)
- Project Lead the Way Award Winner for offering options for students from K-12
- Missouri Gold Star schools
- National Blue Ribbon School nominee
Center School District provides many opportunities for students and teachers to learn and grow. A variety of courses of study are available for our students. From Project Lead the Way in elementary school to dual-credit and Advanced Placement classes at the high school, Center offers a rich college-and-career-readiness program throughout our system.
Our boutique school district allows us to form personal relationships with families and students. A recurring story at Center School District is our ability to connect with our families and provide individual learning opportunities for our students. From trips to South Africa for global science consortiums and to Costa Rica for Spanish students, elementary World Lego League Championship participants, Girls State Attorney Generals, Kansas City Royals Championship parade marching band participants, to Division I college athletes and NFL defensive tackles, Center School District offers our students valuable experiences.