Parents As Teachers (PAT)
CSD58 Parents As Teachers/ United Way Success By Six Community Resource Center
Boone Elementary School
Our fun, informative services are FREE to families with children under school age who live in Center School District:
- Parents As Teachers (PAT) personalized home visits
- Group Activities
- Developmental Screening
- United Way Success By Six Center
- Playgroup and Story Time
- Toy Lending Library, community playroom, and internet connected computer
- Personalized home visits are conducted by a certified parent educator with the latest child development information for families with children from birth to kindergarten entrance.
- Printed information based on the latest research outlines what to expect as your child grows and develops.
- Group activities provide opportunity for parents to share experiences, discuss topics of interests, and socialize.
- Screenings of your child's educational and sensory (vision and hearing) development gauge progress from year to year.
- Success By Six Resource Center and Lending Library has toys, games, books, internet connected computer, and parenting resources available for check out in a bright, welcoming environment.
- Play group room provides an informal opportunity for parents and their children to meet and mingle.
- Newsletter keeps families informed about upcoming opportunities.
Annual screening conducted on home visits for all PAT children and by appointment for any child aged 3 months through kindergarten.
Developmental screenings conducted by appointment at the center for other interested families living in the district by calling 349-3715.
Kindergarten screenings are conducted at the elementary school your child will attend. Call your elementary school for details.
Preschool screenings are conducted at Boone Elementary School. Please call 349-3700 for an appointment.