82 % of Center School District voters approved a $48 million no tax increase bond during the April 2, 2019 Election. The bond will allow Center School District to update: all district buildings to improve student and teacher safety and security, fund infrastructure maintenance projects, build a new Indian Creek Elementary and expand Red Bridge Elementary to accommodate enrollment growth.The bond will NOT RESULT IN A TAX INCREASE, but will continue the current level of property taxes.
Construction and Project Overveiw :
- All district school restrooms–except two schools, Center High School and Indian Creek Elementary –will be under construction this summer. The only two schools that will be open to students at staff will Center High School and Indian Creek Elementary.
Early Childhood and Elementary:
- The Early Childhood pre-construction preparation will begin in Spring 2020
- The new Indian Creek Elementary pre-construction preparation will begin in Spring 2020
- The Center Elementary secure entrance pre-construction preparation will begin in Spring 2020
- The Red Bridge expansion pre-construction preparation will begin in Spring 2020
- Roof construction at Red Bridge and Boone in 2020
Middle School, Alternative and High School:
- Center Middle School gym construction will begin during summer of 2020
- Center High School restrooms will begin August, 2021
- Roof construction at Center Alternative School will begin during 2020
- Chiller construction work will begin summer 2020 at CHS
Already in progress:
- Secure entrance projects (Boone, Center Middle School and Center High School)
- The parking lots have been repaved (across the District)
- Lighting has been updated (across the District)
With all construction projects, some of the timelines and developments may evolve. If you have questions, please reach out to our facilities department: 816.349.3325.
For more information about each project, you may click on the building tabs below.