Welcome to the Center Friends Mentorship Program!
Center Friends provides positive relationships between caring adults and our students and staff. Center Friends helps volunteers and students form friendships that lead to student success and connections to the school experience. For Center Friends, relationships matter.
Our Center Friends volunteers are friendly, dedicated, and caring individuals. Many of our volunteers have been with us for many years. Center Friends volunteers are part of the Center family.
If you would like to be a Center Friends volunteer:
1. Please fill out the Center Friends Application and Missouri Background Form. You may email forms to Debi Julian at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
8701 Holmes Road
Kansas City, MO 64131
Fax: (816) 349-3431
Click here for the Center Friends Application.
Click here for the Missouri Background Check form.
2. A fingerprint criminal background check is also required, which Center School District will cover the cost. Call Kirsten McNemee with Human Resources to pick up a voucher to take with you to your fingerprint appointment. Kirsten’s contact information is 816-349-3352 or email@example.com. Ms. McNemee is located at the Central Office, 8701 Holmes Road. See instructions below for registering and setting up your walk -in appointment.
To register and make schedule visit :
o https://www.machs.mo.gov/MACHSFP/home.html You will need a 4 digit code: 0962. (If help is needed, please contact Debi Julian at 816.349.349.3638. She has detailed instructions to walk you through the MACHS questionnaire. Or you may call the agency at 844-543-9712- Mon- Fri 8 am – 5 pm CST).
1. Gladstone - 4321 NE Vivion Rd-Ste 100 Gladstone, MO 64119-2809 (located inside Test Smartly Labs)
2. Independence - 3675 S Noland Rd-Ste 200 Independence, MO 64055-3369 (located inside Test Smartly Labs)
3. Kansas City - 3917 Broadway Blvd Kansas City, MO 64111-2509 (located inside Test Smartly Labs)
4. Raytown - 7600 Raytown Rd Ste 101, Raytown, MO 64138 (located inside Quince’s Health Care)
5. Lee’s Summit - 2741 NE McBaine Dr, Lees Summit, MO 64064 (located inside Test Smartly Labs)
All are open Monday-Friday: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM & 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
For your appointment:
· Bring the UEID number that you will receive from registering via the MACHS system
· Bring the Money Order from Center School District to pay for the process
· Bring a photo ID (driver’s license or Passport) with you to the appointment
3. Once all clearances have been received, we will work with the school to find a student or teacher to match you with. We will schedule a training to help you prepare for this role. Please note it may take some time to receive parent permission slips, before you may begin working with the student.
Parents, if you would like for your child to participate in the program, please fill out the form and call Debi Julian.
Click here for the parent permission form.
Contact Debi Julian if you have any questions: 816-349-3638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for partnering with the District to make our schools a safe environment for all.