As we begin the 2022-2023 school year, we will no longer require school uniforms for Indian
Creek Elementary students.
After surveys were conducted during the Fall of 2021, the cumulative responses support no longer requiring daily school uniforms. Spirit Days including uniform items and or school colors will continue to be encouraged. Also, if parents would like for students to continue wearing school uniforms, they are welcome to do so.
We wanted to inform parents as soon as possible to ensure families did not feel the need to purchase uniforms. In place of uniforms, students will be required to follow the Center School District Elementary Student/Parent Procedure manual dress code requirements. We have included School Dress language below.
School dress should reflect respect for self, family, and school. Extremes in dress, which disrupt the learning environment or interfere with the intended function of the school, are unacceptable.
Following are some guidelines for appropriate student dress:
● In the school building, hats, head coverings, bandannas, gloves, chains, sunglasses, or revealing clothing are not to be worn.
● The wearing of clothing, coloring, insignias, or other symbols indicating membership in, affiliations with, or support for
the prohibited organization, such as gangs, on school grounds, or at school-sponsored activities is prohibited.
● Sagging, or words on the seat of the pants, is not permitted. Both pant legs must be worn down.
● Shirts and blouses must fully cover the waist. Straps must be at least one inch in width. Spaghetti straps are not allowed.
● Depicting drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, violence, or obscenities in clothing is prohibited.
● Dresses, skirts, and shorts must be fingertip length to be considered appropriate.
● Shoes with wheels may not be worn to school. When in the judgment of the administration, a student’s appearance or mode of dress is deemed inappropriate or a distraction to the learning environment, an attempt will be made to notify parents and the student will be required to make modifications.
As we have shared, Indian Creek Elementary is consistently making improvements to better serve your child. Our goal is to foster a school community focused on increasing student achievement.